- 8" by 4"
- Up-cycled vintage handwoven cotton huipil fabric on the front
- Patterns and colors vary, most are floral, some geometric
- Most are from Chichicastenango area
- Handwoven single color fabric on the back
- Ultra-suede band at the top
- 2 zippers, one at the top, second for a pocket on the back
- Fully lined
Huipil is a generic term for the traditional Maya woman’s blouse. She usually spends months weaving and/or embroidering these herself, and they may last decades. Each village has its own distinctive colors, symbols and designs. Our tailor and seamstress partners salvage usable portions of these vintage fabrics and make them into a range of pouches, wallets, eyeglass holders, purses, and more.